I've recently started fishing for searun cutts and res coho in Puget Sound. Found out that a stripping basket really isn't optional. I don't know why, but the salt just seems to grab that last 10' of line floating on the surface more than a flowing river does.

Over the years, I've become pretty numb to the price of fly fishing stuff but a stripping basket is just over the top. $60-70 for a plastic tub?

Anyway, I was looking on the internet to see if I could maybe find a deal when I stumbled across Capt. Gerry (with Master Angler Brad behind the camera). He's got a dozen or so videos on saltwater fly fishing. Don't know where he's from but he definately lives and fishes in a warmer climate than me. A lot of his stuff doesn't really apply to how I fish, but I still watched 4 or 5 of his videos.

I am now a Capt. Gerry fan. I love this guy. Just a laid-back dude who's done a lot of thinking about fly fishing and wants to share his thoughts. I'd never heard of him, so I thought I'd pass along his web site.

Capt. Gerry -- Lord of the Flies