Thread: Dedicated to all of you is.....

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Dedicated to all of you is.....

A tattoo I got done tonight.

I remember when I first got the thought to fly fish. I was down at the river, fishing all day and catching nothing. As boring as it was, I still enjoyed to be they?re doing what I loved best. Then, two men came down to the water, with fly rods in hand. They were friendly, started talking and they explained some things about fly-fishing, but not much.

So when the two gentlemen were down in the water for the whole 30 minutes or so they were there for, I realized I wanted to fly fish. Not only because it looked graceful, but because these two were catching fish like they were manufacturing them!!

So I went out, bought the gear I could afford.... so the cheapest I could find. And off I went to fly fish. I did find a way to make a lot of knots, and catch everything that was behind me. Frustrated, I put everything away for many, many years...

Then just last year, for some reason I wanted to take another crack at it. This time I did some research, read a lot, learned a lot. I was still the same person whipping the rod back and fourth like a loony nut catching everything behind me and making knots.

I then found all of you, FAOL. I spend a lot of time here, and read, post etc. Also getting to know quite a bit of you. I certainly wouldn't be as far as I am with FF if it weren't for you. It's because of all of you, I succeed. You're all so very friendly and helpful. So, I thank you.

Most people I see down on the water usually get talking about my ink sometime or another. And well, they'll ask what the FAOL is. Allowing me to tell them and send em here!!!!!

Anyways, here it is. Nothing special, very simple, I'll repost a pic once it heals. They always look better healed.

Last edited by OttoDita; 04-05-2008 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Photo wouldn't work.