Sorry! Didn't mean to "Corn-Fuse ya'! (Lord, KNOWS, I spend 99.9% of MY LIFE that way as it is!).
Actually, all I do, is trace around my small wing burner, with an "ultrafine Sharpie", on the tea bags then cut the wings with my Dr.Slick's INSIDE the black line I made, to get the right size and profile.
I use, wings, on my smallest flies, ("IF" they're called for in the original pattern that is), because, one......... I like the looks of them, when done, two...with the very small size,the body material, even in proper proportions, is less so I like the "profile" the wings add to the fly and lastly, "fooling and playing" with wings quite small, even though it can be a hassle on some flies, I've learned, really helps to sharpen my tying skills all that much more, even when going back to larger flies!
Whether, or not, it makes a difference to the trouties is secondary really to me. If I'm "COPYING" a particular pattern, then I add in the wings. If I'm "JUST TYING" that same pattern, in other words, "I'm altering the pattern", for whatever reason, then I may leave the wings off.