"Hole in the water you pour money into"- definition of boat. Happiest two days of a boat owners life; The day you buy it and the day you sell it. I know, couldn't resist anyway. Boat in question is a vintage (old) 17 ft Aquasport center console w 90 Johnson. I know the boats history, and have fished it since one of my best friends was previous owner. Its had a new deck installed, powerhead was rebuilt a few years back, and new roller trailer w power winch last year. Came with VHF, Loran, 3D Fishfinder and spare everything from life jackets to trailer tires. My buddy upgraded to a 33ft charter boat, and he offered it to me for such a fair price, I couldn't bear to see it "leave the family". When both the girlfriend and my sister told me I was an idiot if I didn't buy it, I started scraping together the funds... I just mounted the new GPS and wired the power cord for the winch today, so she's ready to splash in time for the fall run of stripers. Boat has seen a lot of fish come over the rail; including a night of 22 keeper bass, totes of cod, haddock and fluke. I'll have to see if I can do something about christening her with a fly caught striper though...

------------------
"Knowledge is knowing, wisdom is understanding"

[This message has been edited by backbeach (edited 20 August 2005).]