+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spiders!!!

Default spiders!!!

one of my favorite things to tie and use on the stream!!! pretend you are a lil spider and you fall into the water and are trying to get to shore!! just give her some lil twitches and hold on! my secret tip.. I add some peacock under the foam and twist it on the thread and wrap it up to make it more durable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fishaholic69; 04-02-2008 at 05:16 AM.
    God Put Fly Fishing Here For You And Me! Take Advantage Man! Take Advantage!
    AKA GeorgeMcFly

Fishaholic69,

Those look like fish getters for sure.

Heres a spider my wife VEE ties.

NightAngler1 caught an 18inch brown on one from a swap.

REE

ok I can't compare to that. I have seen those realistic ties like that on forums before. I have all the respect for you guys. tell your wife nice tie! that is amazing!!! but if ya guys wanna spend just 5 minutes on a spider instead of hours try my pattern. the fish don't care. great tie man. this fly works that I tie. I have caught bass, gills and creek chubs on it all day and its tough and floats forever.
    AKA GeorgeMcFly

As usual, REE.."VEE's done 'er agi'n!! Beautiful spider!! Is that Larva Lace on the body?
    I'd guess,too, by the "Macro look" of that photo, she's tying those pretty small?

F-holic, sorry, buddy but I started using your "secret tip" of the peacock herl on foam spiders about 15 years ago, roughly,(as well, on foam beetles)!! But, you're right.............. they're an easy, fast, tie and DO catch fish! Nice looking, the ones you've tied up!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Smile

It all depends on what you mean by 'Spiders'.
    http://www.dtnicolson.dial.pipex.com/page58.html
    Donald Nicolson (Scotland)

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/

That awsome spider was tied in Fly Tyer mag a while back and if my aging memory serves me well its a thread body with marker put on the top half and allowed to bleed down. Looks great VEE
    Tight Lines & Wet Nets

Rick Federation

Blog Entries

Great to hear from you, Donald.

Ed

You folks are creeping me out with those spiders.

G-Man does a killer realistic using porcupin quills for legs.

Nice spiders all!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I agree with Fishaholic69. Those spiders of his are real fish getters. Cast one under some over hanging branches and any fish worth the name would be all over it. Looks like a fly everyone should have in their box.

The spider VEE ties is indeed the one from Fly Tyer, and the body is folded deer hair, tied with zero pressure on the thread. Some markers and Mono legs and your done.

Fiahaholic69, thanks for sharing that pattern. I'll be tying a few myself.

REE

ya its very simple pattern and one of the 1st I would recommend to a beginner. I can tie it in 5 minutes. I just started tying a few months ago prolly like 5 months or so and haven't tried alot of the flies I tied yet cause it was at the end of the season around here to fish.. this pattern did work everytime I used it tho.. its one of thos flys you can keep on all day and never have to change. didn't know anyone added the peacock like that. I mean I am sure I didn't create it cause I seen it on a video but i was just pointing out you can twist it on the thread and wrap the thread and peacock together so it don't come apart as easy. well tight lines all hope ya try it out. if ya don't add legs and its just a beetle then. was gonna try it with some ice dubbing underbody next time... also donald I see the spiders you make. I have some black partridge and peacock ice dub. could try to make some of the peacock spiders you got. I just made a partridge and orange for a fly swap and got the hang of the wet fly hackle down.
    Last edited by fishaholic69; 04-03-2008 at 04:30 AM.
    AKA GeorgeMcFly

+ Reply to Thread