Yeppers, I owe this entire fishing trip, today, to my dear friend, Warren!
He'd emailed me, recently and casually mentioned, "I'm sending you a "little" something, I think you might get some use out of, I need your mailing address, please"!
So, I sent my address, (after making SURE, Warren doesn't work for the IRS of course) and 3 days later, comes "this tube"!?

Inside, this "tube" is the "little" something, that Warren "thought I might get some use out of"...................... one of the prettiest, most well crafted,beautifully made, 7' X 5/6wt. FLY RODS I'd ever seen!!
It's not merely "a rod, packed to ship, in a cardboard tube", it was also inside a cordura-nylon-"keep the reel on the rod", rod case.

I've "loaned new tiers, vices, to help them out. Given my extra tying scissors and tools, to someone that needed them more than I needed "extras". Others, on this site, as you know have given freely of their own tied flies, "To the first, 3-5 people that PM me, they're yours, free".
Mikey has sent me tying material, I've sent him this and that. True, he once tried to kill me, with his "non-American poisoned instant meals", but even Joe V. has sent me his works of art, from his own vise.
It just seems to "be the way" of this fantastic group of folks called "The Members of Fly Anglers Online" and the way we all treat one another!!

But, this fly rod, is very, very special to me and Warren "just knew", why it would be. BUT!! Also, inside this rod tube, along with the rod itself...........was a plastic box of WARREN'S tying bench art work as well!!
"The Purple Pizzaz", "The Reverse Spider", (tied MUCH smaller, than I tie them for Steelead and in a great olive color) and the "REAL" fish killer.........
"The Orange Warren Warrior". All, in perfect "Trout sizes".

So, I told Warren, "the first chance I get to use the rod and the flies, I'll let you know the results!"
The pictures, below, were taken today while I fished alone on a little nearby pond, about a 1/4 mile from my house.
The weather, "for the coast", was perfect.......... temp.58, water-49 no wind, bright sun.
After a 3 hour trip, final results were........ 9 trout, (all Bows), 11 Crappie, 5 Bluegill.

This is "The Pond"

My "new rod", bending under the weight of a nice, 18" 'Bow-hooked on an "Orange Warren Warrior"

In this picture, the fish in the lower right was packed in a small school,(seen in upper left of picture), but split off and turned towards my "Orange Warren Warrior" when I stripped it past the school. He hit it, was landed and released.

Warren, you made for one VERY, VERY, SPECIAL day of fishing for me. I cannot,THANK YOU, enough!!