Thread: Rocky Ford Creek Closure

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Rocky Ford Creek Closure

Rocky Ford Creek is Closed to fishing, this couldn't be worse timing right before the fish in May 8th.

This Story is taken From the Ephrata Examiner April 1, 2008

Ancient Bones Found beside Local Creek
    45 Foot Long Dinosaur discovered by visiting scientist.

Ephrata Mayor closes Access to Rocky Ford Creek to traffic.
    A fossil Hunter on vacation in Washington state, has made a startling discovery that may have serious state wide repercussions.
    While on a fishing trip to Historic Rocky ford creek near Ephrata Washington. Dr. Jamis Castawellis of Carlton University Ottawa Ontario Canada, discovered the thigh bone of a Aprilosaurus Confucius mykiss foolussallis sticking out of the mud. The discovery of the thigh bone led to the further discovery of an almost complete skeleton measuring approximately 40 feet long and 18 feet high. It is the first ever complete specimen of an adult Aprilosaurus Confucius mykiss foolusallis ever found. Immature specimens of around 3 feet long have been found near Carson City Nevada in the late 1960?s and Scientists have long theorized that the adult specimen might range up to 60 feet long with a 35 foot long neck. This fish eating member of the Fantisauris family lived in the great central American lake up to 150 million years ago . Feeding largely on Oncorhynchus mykiss an ancient species that still lives in the nearby Rocky Ford Creek to the present day.
    Dr Castawellis was hunting wild mushrooms about 100 feet from a nearby fish hatchery on the northern end of the creek while his Wife Lady Birkenholmer fished the nearby waters of the creek. He sat down on a rock to study the terrain when he noticed the Aprilosaurus thighbone laying virtually at his feet. I was so startled, I just let out a yell said Castawellis. I guess I scared my wife. She thought I may have run into a rattlesnake. She called me a fool for scaring her like that, said the Doctor.

Dagnab Kolinsky, Mayor of Ephrata Washington said in a news conference at city hall this morning ?We have to protect this major archaeological site for future generations. This could easily become a major tourist attraction?

Although Mayor Kolinsky sympathises with the very few fishermen that now enjoy the fishing afforded by the creek he remains steadfast in his decision.
    The Mayor announced that it is in the interests of the townspeople of Ephrata that He has decided to permanently close off all access to the Creek . It was pointed out by city officials that there are still hundreds of lakes and streams nearby that the fishermen could use. Noting that Rocky ford is only 4 miles long from start to finish and is really nothing special little more than a ditch with water in it noted an parks board official.
    The two fish hatcheries on the creek would be unaffected by the closure.
    Local fly fishermen vehemently disagreed with the Mayor?s hasty assessment pointing out that Kolslinsky Has land holdings near the creek and is only seeking to profit from this find.
    Kolinsky expects that tens of thousands of tourists will visit Ephrata as a result of this wonderful news. Eventually it is hoped that millions of tourists per year will flock to this small Washington community. The monetary benefits are projected to far outweigh the tiny benefit to the town that a few fishermen now bring in.
    Plans are being drawn up for a temporary tent city to be erected on the property to house the proposed dinosaur exhibit and also as a precaution against further erosion of the creek bank from the torrential rains that plague the area around Ephrata. One of the areas summer long monsoon rainfalls is believed to have washed out the bank and is reason that the thigh bone of Aprilosaurus Confucius was exposed for the Doctor to find.
    Amidst protests from local fishermen, city officials have today cordoned off all access to the creek except to a few local residents. A group of fishermen from an obscure internet fly-fishing club, Fly Anglers Online, yesterday morning staged a protest rally outside of Ephrata city hall to explain their dismay at the city?s actions. Adding to the unfolding drama on the courthouse lawn was the fact that the fishermen and women were led by a very strange man in a Superman suit brandishing a corn broom.
    The odd figure seemed to be yelling over and over again in a hysterical manner Keep thy back cast uppeth. What ever that means.
    For more detailed information on Aprilosaurus Confucius mykiss foolialliss
    Go to www.GotchaatAprilisfoolis.com Click on the Key word Sucker!
    Last edited by Gnu Bee Flyer; 04-01-2008 at 09:11 PM.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!