+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NuCanoe...Anyone have any experience with them

Tuber Terror;
    I'm a dog breeder, what canine am I NOT "going to fall in love with"!?!
    In fact, between us, (Sammy and I), it'll be a fight to see "WHO, gets the sofa, with Maggie" not "who gets the bed!?"!
    Thankfully, at least "Maggie" is obviously a dog. I was warned, one time, about "If you don't fall in love with my "Allsion" when you come to fish with me, you have REAL issues!" and turned out, that "Allison" was the man's 39 year old unmarried daughter.
    I, STILL have the occasional nightmare over THAT fishing trip!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by flybinder View Post
    Tuber Terror;
    Thankfully, at least "Maggie" is obviously a dog. I was warned, one time, about "If you don't fall in love with my "Allsion" when you come to fish with me, you have REAL issues!" and turned out, that "Allison" was the man's 39 year old unmarried daughter.
    I, STILL have the occasional nightmare over THAT fishing trip!
    Paul,
    1) I'll bet Maggie's better lookin' (and remember, SHE'S a DOG!)&
    2) The REAL issues you have are called "eyes" & "good taste"!!
    Mikey

I DO have to say, and Warren & Jack can back this up, that Maggie & I INSTANTLY became inseparable! That pup was constantly in my lap.
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Well, Buckeye Bandit, the fact "that Maggie really took to you", doesn't at ALL surprise me!! With the number of dogs we own, out of the 17, there's maybe TWO that don't love to snuggle with, play with, lay around on, dig at,and even take long naps on................. ANYTHING that to a humans sense of smell, would be considered; "Offensive, disgusting, dirty, "ripe", and down right..........repulsive.
    NOW PLEASE!! Of course, don't take that as if I'm IMPLYING anything, in any way!! I'm just saying..............
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hey Warren.....I know you will be able to stand and cast in a few more trips. Once you have done it a time or two it starts to feel natural. Try standing a few times with nothing in the boat with you, rods, gear, etc., until you gain confidence. After that you will become a pro. The word on the street is that NuCanoe is working on a leaning bar that will retract and fold neatly down in the bottom of the boat. This should be a cool addition especially for fly casters.

nighthawk....the NuCanoe seat is elevated. Your feet are below your rear end so you don't get those sleepy legs....unlike most kayaks. If you are comfortable in an old canoe you will be fine in a NuCanoe.
    "Pass it on....take a kid fishing"

5. Default

I am considerinf one...I will drift fish our Michigan rivers but since I am 5 miles from Lake Huron, I would put out once in a while to perch fish..was considering adding a bassyak power unit to increase its utility...I'm a little "long in the tooth" but can still paddle..anyway do you think it would be ok for big water of maybe 2 miles off shore at the most...

csquared;
    Welcome Aboard!! I'm sure you'll get an answer to your question soon. Being from Michigan myself, and not too far from Lake Michigan at that, and also being a bit long in the tooth I'd shy away from off shore fishing in any thing short of 24 foot. However the NuCanoe does very well on the rivers and small lakes around here. It is a very stable craft. I think Warren only fell out of his once! I'll let him tell that story!

Come on over and visit us at the Michigan Fish-In July 4th.

Again Welcome to the best of the best!!

7. Default

I saw some Rotomod kayaks at a shop in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago. They have a lot of freeboard, so I'd say they have come fairly close to combining a kayak and a canoe... not really a big fan of sit-on-tops, but for those who are, check out http://www.rotomod.com/eng/kayaks/angler/klargo.html

Ciao for now,
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread