+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hook & Hackle Company ROCKS!!!

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Hook & Hackle Company ROCKS!!!

Hi Fellas!!
    I ordered a rod kit from Ron at Hook & Hackle Co...........One of our sponsors here.
    I placed the order late last Thursday via email.. I received the kit today!!!
    about 10 minutes ago via US Mail!!!! It is exactly what I asked for, and arrived in perfect condition! I highly reccomend Hook & Hack, and all our other sponsors here. They are the best. I urge you guys to think of them first when making purchases. I can't say enough good about the ones I've done business with and, they support this site generously.
    Let's hear it for Hook & Hackle!!!.......................................Mo docDan

I kinda like the "no-frills" site. Easy to find what you are looking for.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

I like the 20% off internet orders. I have bought a ton of stuff from them and it has always been correct and timely. Ha ha Ron sends me an email every day with the specials . He never misses a day. Kind of comforting in a way.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Hey Gnu.......Me too...Every day........Kinda cool really.................Dan

Thumbs up

I hope you all get the chance to meet Ron & his crew one day. They are vendors at a couple shows I attend, & they are really great folks. If you have a chance to attend a show where they are vendors....GO & check them out for some UNREAL bargains!!!
    Do they make mistakes? Yep!...but my experience is that they correct them quickly, without making excuses. Count me as a HUGE fan!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Being a real novice to fly tying and just starting out, the one thing I find with Hook & Hackle that they don't give much in the way of descriptions or pictures for a lot their products.

I'm sure a good percentage of people who "shop" online there, pretty much know exactly what they're looking for, but us novices shoppers, it really does help to actually see and get some type picture and a short detailed description. It really does help, atleast for me it does. I did order one of their catalogs, still waiting for that.

just my 2cents worth

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

I think Mike makes a good point...not a big problem for me .....but maybe some of it is why they can keep their prices where they are???

I will say this also...I'm glad to hear all of the positive reports....given the change over problems that occurred.....it sounds like Ron has overcome

One of the reasons I brought this point up is I do this for a living, setting up small/med. business online ecommerce presences and shopping carts.

Nothing negative about Hook&Hackle, just an observation from a novice fly tier shopping around. If the shopper can "see" what they are buying and a good description of the product, the more likely they will purchase it and feel confident that they are getting what they needed and not end up with something they didn't want and have to return it.

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

I didn't even think of that. Good point. I guess I knew what they were talking about. Can be very confusing to a beginning tyer.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

+ Reply to Thread