I just got the World fishing network channel on cable. costs $1.49 per month or less than $20.00 per year.
They have 24/7 fishing shows from bass to musky to trout to carp and all kinds of Saltwater shows . Shows from all corners of the world.

They have a show from Britian that features a Square man made lake where you have to pay to fish. The announcer said that you have to book weeks in advance to get a days fishing. Some ponds are up to $600 US dollars per day. The anglers use fishing poles up to 52 feet long. These hollow graphite poles come in several sections. The first tip section of the pole is Hollow and had a long elastic like surgical tubing in the end section. You tie a leader to the tubing and extend the pole out into the pond. It floats and when you get a bite you drag the pole toward you removing sections as you go till the last two sections are used to bring the fish( mostly carp )into the net. The surgical tubing fights the fish and tires it out plus acts as a shock absorber so the fish doesn't get off. They fish for a top prize of $25,000 US. Biggest fish of the day gets $2,500 . There are about 20 contestants and easily 3,000 - 4,000 spectators. The favorite anglers have their own rooting sections and quite avid fans. Fish are kept in holding nets and every hour or so a horn sounds, the fish get weighed then released. at the end of 8 hours fishing the overall winner wiith the highest weight count is declared. All day long contestants fling a ground bait out to get the fish to mill around in front of their fishing stand. all of this fishing is done while sitting on a chair , The fisherman never gets to his feet from the start of the contest till the end of it. They spend most of their time with small slingshots shooting bait out near the end of their rods. Most contestants have three or four 20 gallon bucket full of chum/bait mixture at hand. Some fling handfulls of bait at a time. The last contest I watched came from Hayfield Lake. ( Manmade ) In South Yorkshire England. The contest is called Fish Mania.

I am not making this up, but one of the 18 anglers in this particular match was a Michael Flannigan. He came in 16th out of 18. He was a young lad with flaming red hair. No he didn't fish from a tooob.

Believe it or don't.