I haven't used epoxy much on flies...but have used quite a bit making golf clubs where of course clarity isn't an issue.

In a couple of threads it has been stated the 5min turns yellow and not so with the 30min....

My observations:

I purchased some Loctite professional epoxy...5min...for a hurry up golf club job...in the squeeze bottles......hate the syringes.........then used it on a few flies....not only is the resin yellow in the bottle but the stuff dried cloudy [a little Sally Hansen's super shine took care of that]

I had some really old 2 ton syringes which I think is 30 minute.... but the resin is yellow in the syringe to start with..

5 minute Devcon at Wal-Mart is clear in both syringes...will it yellow?

Wal-Mart had 4 different styles but the 30min again has yellow resin to start.

There is also one I haven't seen before which is said to be clear ...start to set in 1 minute [one]....and at full strength very soon...can't remember exact minutes.....it has an extension nozzle that has spirals in it and it is said to delver the epoxy from the two syringes all mixed and through a fine point for precise application....might be pretty good stuff...more expensive though for a smaller amount.

My question is can someone straighten me out on the best one to use...