First off let me mention I'm a relative newcomer when it comes to tying. And secondly I have a very creative mind. There are the traditionalist that will follow a recipe to a T. Well I do to. But after mastering the skill or the newest material purchased the creatve side of me kicks in and I begin to mix an match and tie flies that I think might be of interest to a fish. In essence not following a recipe at all.

When I show off these flies I get the, "WOW, that looks great, but will the fish be interested in it?" question alot. I really don't know; we've been burried under a mountain of snow. "Besides" I say to them, "A) It kept me busy. B) somebody has to come up with the new patterns, or variations." And my most defensive response (when absolutely necessary), "C) a Copper John matches nothing all but find a guy nymphing he will probably have at least one in his box."

Yesterday I was at my local shop and something caught my eye and bought it. It is a Ringneck rump patch, natural. Normally I 'shop the recipe' for what I need, but when I saw this patch I just had to have it. The irredessence of the feathers from grey to blue to green with the rusty tips on the longer feathers are remarkable. Boy, could I get creative with this. But as I have said before I want to 'master' the material by following recipes before I let my creative juices loose.

Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck finding this 'ingredient' in any recipes.

That is where I hope you guys come in and can suggest some flies using my new found feathers, and how they can be used.

Thanks in advance,
Jim