+ Reply to Thread

Thread: See you at the FL fish-in!!!

Hybrid View

Probably catch up with y'all Friday afternoon, or at least Saturday morning at the breakfast meet & greet !

Thanks TT. It will help a lot of guys.

TT's flight was a little late, but he & FL skibum have already stopped by to see Kevin at Casey Key Anglers & hit the salt waters off Manasota Key; according to the phone call around dinner this evening.

Tks Dave,,, go rip some lips...

Have to pick up the snowbird neighbors at the airport today, so won't catch up with the pirates until later this afternoon or tomorrow, depending on how much of living the "Driving Ms Daisy" sequel imposes on the schedule. They're going to meet & greet at Casey Key Anglers & Outfitters around noon to get the reading materials & FAOL Fish-In folders with boating & fishing maps I left to plan where to fish in the area! Just a phone call away from the flyfishing

did we decide where were having breakfast? i'll give hugo a call later on and see if we have a plan for tommorrow

After getting back from the airport about quarter after 2 called & inquired " are you skiing behind a tarpon in the kayak ? " of FLskibum. HA, he wished ! Actually they had just put in at the Nokomis Boat ramp on "snook alley" after lunch.
    Apparently Thunderthumbs original flight got canceled, so he took a later flight & that's why he was delayed getting to Florida. TT gave a call this evening about half past 8, after they had a good day catching ladyfish & sea trout in abundance. Seems the snook had lockjaw, which is typical. You could throw everything in the flybox at them & they won't move. About the only way to catch one when they are like this is if you throw the kitchen sink at them & wait until it floats up ! Guess that's exactly what they needed last night also, but you'll have to wait for the "you just had to be there " version.
    Tomorrow morning at 7 am we meet & greet at the Kingfisher Restaurant, caddy-cornered from the Venice Hospital in the Veranda Inn. Plans are to walk Blind Pass Beach in the morning & wade Lemon Bay on the backside of Blind Pass Beach on Manasota Key if the gulf surf isn't providing fish, but just sharks teeth; sometime later in the morning or afternoon. NE winds of about 10 & a light chop ought to provide an exceptional fly fishing day in 84 degree temps of Florida sunshine !
    Last edited by saltydancindave; 03-29-2008 at 01:19 AM.

Well, I made it back from the fish-in. I hated to leave. I've been sneezing all morning which is just more proof that I'm allergic to work and need to get back down there.

I had a great time, even better than last year. My emblazended signature "V" is no longer lobster orange, it is instead the envy of everyone in my office...thank you Dave.

I'll be typing up a little aritcle complete with pictures to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth according to the unwritten pirate fisherman's code.

It was great to see everyone again, and to meet you Bill, what a treat to be there for your first saltwater fish on the fly...we'll have to do it again amigo.

And special thanks to FLskibum. Gill, without your company and yaks, we never would have had the success we did.

I must get back to work...there will be much more later.

TT.

hugo
    the pleasure was all mine brother . i had a great time with yous guys from the great white north and i'm looking foward to the next time ya'll are down i'm gonna hafta get some snook on the beach !! was that a blue and white clouser that you were flinging on sun if so dear ole dad mite be hooking me up ! i'm looking foward to the article and the pics
    Bill

+ Reply to Thread