ok, so ive been following closely the conversations revolving around which type of personal watercraft everyone likes, and would like some opinions based on specific needs.

i need a flotable object (boat, canoe, kayak, float tube, etc.) that will handle reservoirs, small ponds, easy rivers and streams(read: slow moving currents), and also be exceptionally transportable. i fish mostly alone, but would occasionally enjoy the company of a fishing buddy. i need easy transportablity to move from point to point along a riverbank, easy maneuverability for tight, weedy areas along the sides of ponds, and easy propulsion, because i have a weak bladder and drink lots of coffee. also, the ability to maneuver in shallow waters as well as weed-clogged byways is important, though not imperative. there is the possibility that a child may want to join me on occasion, and i would like to include this consideration, though not make it a decisive factor. also, price is a consideration. i am not a wealthy man .

any opinions on which type of watercraft will suit my needs best, as well as possible recommendations/links on specific brands available, would be greatly appreciated. ive tried to give as much information as possible so you guys can make an appropriately informed opinion as to which style of craft will best suit my needs. ive never purchased a water craft before, and dont want to invest money in something that isnt going to work for me.

so all you guys that fish the same general situations listed above, please tell me what you use, and why you think it will work for me. i definately appreciate any and all input. just because i cant afford it, doesnt mean i cant consider it, so if youre recomendation is for a $1,000 boat of some sort, the reasons behind the recomendation may outway the high-end(IMO) price. SO FIRE AWAY!!

------------------
Everyone dies. Only the lucky ever truly Live. Take your time.

Chris-Bishop, CA, USA