+ Reply to Thread

Thread: William & Joseph new waders question

Default William & Joseph new waders question

I was talking to a friend that claimed he had recently talked to the William & Joseph people about the new products they will be introducing at the Denver retailer show. It sounds like they are coming out with quite a few new products. Wading boots, vests, etc. He also told me that they are coming out with a high end pair of waders for a midrange price. He said the WillyJ guys said they will not introduce products, unless they have features that are new to the market. He said they told him that they had been working on waders for 5 years but did not want to introduce them until they had dialed in the waders to be the best on the market and with features not seen before. They did not give him many details, but said they would be seam taped on the inside and outside and that they would not be the normal colors, and that the breathable material would be different than anything else. I will admit I am a big fan of WillyJ products and think they are very innovative, and their warranty cannot be beat, but what can you do to waders? I was planning on buying a new pair of waders, but I am tempted to wait and see what the hype is about. Has anybody heard anything about these new waders or the other products they are introducing? Do you think it is marketing hype or do you think they may really be coming out with something original. I thought companies tried to keep product info. quiet before the show. Thanks.

Maybe they've got a built in Fly??? That would be inovative for sure.

------------------
    Snow on the roof but with fire still in the hearth

Hodgman recently and Cabela's previously have gone the "fly" route. Cabela's version is no longer available and I'm sure Hodgman's will disappear as well. The ?waterproof? zipper is rather bulky and has teeth that I wouldn?t want to get something caught in .

I don't know what could be done to improve waders much beyond what is available out there. I suspect WJ will add pockets or something to make it like a vest/wader set-up. As pricy as it is Gortex is still the pinnacle of breathable materials so new material innovations will have a tough act to follow.

The only improvement I'd like to see in waders is some other color besides sage or grey. I spend a lot of time crawling around at some places I fish and having permanent grass and mud satins on light gray or sage waders pisses me off. What?s wrong with dark colored waders? They?re bloody hot no matter what color they are.

[This message has been edited by Bamboozle (edited 19 August 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Bamboozle (edited 19 August 2005).]

Bango
    Wow!! That is an interesting statement. Slamming Mormons in a question about waders. The part I find most interesting and shows you clearly have no idea what your talking about, is that the people that own William and Joseph are not Mormon.

(This message was in response to a post that was removed)

[This message has been edited by Rockymtflyfisher (edited 19 August 2005).]

Funny, I have purchased about 10 of their products over the years (some 5 years ago) and have never had a problem. Lucky for you they have the lifetime warranty, so you can keep getting it replaced when it falls apart.

This message was in response to a post that was removed)

[This message has been edited by Rockymtflyfisher (edited 19 August 2005).]

I believe TomT's comments on another thread (relating to someone wanting to move to Montana) have just been verified and validated. Sorry to see it.

------------------
    Snow on the roof but with fire still in the hearth

Sounds like Banjo might be one of them thar Montana rednecks that likes to put people in little groups and paint them all with some brush of his choosing. Must be something all them broke-up guides do.

Lets me know what value to place on his comments though.

Don
    Don Rolfson

+ Reply to Thread