...I have two regrets:

1> Not meeting the guys who gave me so much helpful and USEFUL advice (Mike, Jack and Jeff) due to a last-minute change of plans --- incompetence of our online booking agency that cut an entire day off our trip, and

2> Coming back to the US.

OK, maybe 3. Getting married. Too much time spent doing things other than fishing. Definitely the most I've recalled the freedom of bachelorhood since taking the plunge!

Suffice it to say that I will be returning, hopefully sooner rather than later; it's the most stunning place I've ever seen; the fishing was nothing short of outstanding; the people kind and accommodating; and the place I'd like to spend the rest of my days ASAP. I've now had some time to reflect on all those statements since returning to the US and feel they're all still quite accurate.

As soon as I have time I'll post a few pictures, but for the time being I'm trying not to let my recent memories haunt me too much. I am certainly blessed to have been privileged enough to enjoy New Zealand for almost 2 weeks, though I'll be feeling the financial sting for a good long time to come!

Thanks again to the guys who helped me so much...good on ya mates.

Marty