Happy Easter, everbody!!
This weekend the lovely wife isout of town visiting our two grown daughters, so with just me and my son home, we went fishin'. Took off early this mornin for a great Easter outing.
Hit several likely spots on the Rogue above Medford. Threw flies all day. No takers.
Mostly raining, off and on. Didn't see a single other fisherman. One fella came blowin' past us at flank speed downriver in his jet sled, gave us a nice wake and a scowly look. Guess he wasn't havin such a good day. Two other fellas were takin out a huge pontoon bost for a trial run, havin' their troubles with oars and seats and such. We tried lotsa flies, and had a great day even though it mostly rained on us and we got not a second glance from a single fish. A lovely heavy overcast day, kinda dark on account of the heavy clouds.
Just got home and we're both feelin' right fine after a great day out on the Mighty Rogue
together, just Pop's and the boy. Yesterday was just as good, almost...He and I went out and he bought his first rig, a very clean 15 year old Jeep Cherokee. He's still got the smile pasted on his face, likely it'll be there for a week.
Life is good!!!.............................................Modoc Dan