Well, first of all thanks to everyone who put up with me in the chat room as I struggled through the fiberglass, trim, etc. of this canoe rebuild. Figured I'd reward you all with some photos of how it's turned out. Here's the story: I posted on a paddling forum asking for advice for canoe models to look out for. Someone offered me a derelict hull with some holes in it and rotten wood trim/seats. He was 5 hours away but not far from a good buddy of mine who loves to fly fish. I jumped at it, brought it home, and spent the past two weeks fiddling with the thing. Some fiberglass, resin, tape, local hardwoods, and tung oil later.... here's what we've got. First photo is what it looked like when I got it home. Notice my temporary 1X2 thwarts. Going out tomorrow at the southern end of Seneca Lake and planning to see how it works as a casting platform. Yeehaw! Only problem is that it weighs 75 pounds so I STILL need to find a solution that I can carry myself. I'm thinking of a Mohawk Solo 14 canoe. Time to save some more pennies. This project cost me $210, including the gasoline to fetch the hull.

Thanks for looking!

Diane

------------------
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-WOW---What A Ride!