+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make A Wish

Default Make A Wish

Hi
    Have been hanging around this board for some time, but don't write much. I am a volunteer wish granter for Make A Wish. That means I talk to the children and find what their wishes are and do a bunch of paperwork. This time I'm doing a bit more.

I have a young man, 17 years old that would like to take a fishing trip with his dad. Primarily a float/camping trip about 4 days. He's fly fished before, but not "proficient". He would like it to be around Yellowstone. His mother and sister would be going, but not on the fishing part. They would meet up later to do a couple of things at Yellowstone with mom and sis.

Can anyone recommend a guide/outfitter in the area that would fill the bill for this young man. Timing is an issue due to school/parents work, but the summer seems to fit the best. I can discuss that with them tho.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Tom Lea

Your a good man Tom Lea, I admire what you do. I am not qualified to answer your question for that area, how-ever, I just wanted to take this opportunity to offer you a tip of my hat...

------------------
    Best Regards

There was a big fly fishing conclave at Yellowstone late last year. There should be some threads here on FAOL about it...you might be able to dredge up some answers by searching for those while you wait for other answers.

Good luck and thanks for helping the kids!

up

tlea

You might want to contact a small national organization which specializes in outdoor hunting/fishing events such as you propose. They may or may not already have resources in the Yellowstone area .The organization is : DreamCatchersUSA.org

There is an application process that is located on their website at:
    << [url=http://www.dreamcatchersusa.org/:9d49f]http://www.dreamcatchersusa.org/[/url:9d49f] >>

Perhaps they can assist you, as they have numerous contacts within the sporting community.

+ Reply to Thread