Thread: Spring has sprung

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spinner1 View Post
    ever heard?

I wish I had a smaller net?

That photo is trout from same waterway

Sweet buttery Brown, that is nice....
    Now I get the need for the big net !
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Blog Entries

Default the sunshine coaxed me out in the snow

Down low and slow was the ticket in this deep wintering hole.
    The snow is being stubborn in the shaded areas here and not wanting to leave.
    Couple steps today were sinkers up to my waist.
    Still was fun.
    Last edited by spinner1; 03-24-2008 at 07:37 PM.

I don't know how I missed this thread. That is actually a picture of me with the big net. It really isn't bad carrying it. The only deal was the hydration pack adds much more weight than the net, but I am not going to stop carrying either one. I fished with a smaller net last year. I also tried some steelhead fishing this year and love to chase carp with a fly rod. I had some fish last year that wouldn't fit in my net and that changed my mind about the net that I carry. Better too big than too small.

We had a grand day together and even though some don't like to keep track of numbers and I know that it isn't a competition, when I caught 35 plus trout this day with Len it sure was a day to remember. Talk about putting a smile on your face. I don't think that my feet have touched the ground since I came home. Thanks Len for a truly fantastic day on the water. Enjoyed the company and the fishing.

Rick

Blog Entries

Default Clay's mug

It was so warm that I had to loose the light jacket. As a matter of fact it was so warm that I had to take a swim, well maybe not on purpose but it was still a fantastic day. What was so nice is when your buddy knows when to laugh in your face or when to turn around and laugh at you. Either way, swim or not, the day will be remembered for a long time.

Rick

6. Default

Spring is still on hold here in MN. We have had a day or two where it warms into the 40's. But the lakes are still iced over. The river flows, as does the damm, but water is still low, and very cold. I have had a chance here and there to wet a fly or two. Still not a bite...

Flyfishfairwx...
    Most of us notice the inviting waters and surrounding scenery! For you, I give you thumbs upon making a humourous observance! It may be that the fisherman was going prepared to catch the big one! We all go out for a good time and don't want to be caught without the appropriate gear to catch that rare fish! Who's to know?
    D.A.Flymann

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. (from A River Runs Through It)

+ Reply to Thread