+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still Here

Default Sebago Lake Angler's Assoc. Misses you.

Hi RW,
    Good to see all is well with you and your family. All your friends in Maine miss you and the contributions you made to our club. Looking forward to opening day, April 1, if we can ever get rid of all the snow.
    Jack Rabbit

Thumbs up

Hey RW Grubb here, glad to see you back, I enjoy your post's, I also pray your life gets EVEN BETTER!!!

Tim

Hey RW,
    Haven't seen you since the DRC Fish-In. Good to hear you're back with us and still fishing your stealth wt rods ( almost wrote roids- heaven help) . I just assumed you were always here just WAITING for a anti-stealth post and then you'd "pounce".
    In any case, GREAT to hear from you again.

Mark

4. Default Hello RW

Hi, Glad to see you here. Perhaps I will see you bug week in Roscoe. Most of the old familiar faces have disappeard for a while, we missed you all last May/June. Take care of yourself,

Lauder

I understand RW is coming to the Michigan Fish-In...

Thumbs up

RW here,

You understand right JC. I'll be there with bells on. Got the wife to come along this time too.

Lauder, nice to hear from you. Big doings around here last spring and summer. Two grandchildren graduated from high school and it was my wife's and my 50th wedding anniversary. Lotta parties. Cut into my fishing big time. Whaddya mean you missed me last May and June? I was at Roscoe for the week long fish-in. I haven't missed that lash-up for the last 6 years. Maybe I'm gettin so old nobody recognizes me anymore..lol
    Be there this year too...first week in June. Hope to see you there.

Then there is our big golf and fishing week in Pennsy. Hell I'm like horse shi...all over the place. We'll run into each other again I'm sure.

rw
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

Hi RW,

Please forgive my obvious blurb but I couldn't help but grin at your big LM on that 1wt.

A couple seasons ago I was panfishing in the heat of mid sumer and was taking some good eaters on my SPL 1wt when I got grabbed by a 6 1/2 lb LM.

Like you, all I could do was grin, RW. It's still the BEST fight ever, in my fishing career! And totally unintentional.

Good to see ya back. As mentioned, please overlook this bit of braggardliness (is that a word??) It just was a phenomenal situation, having a fish rip me around like that. A pontoon-full of older folks clapped when I held her to release..... I never knew they were around!

Jeremy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Wulff View Post
    Hi Folks, RW here

<snip>
    Fatman: By the way, took a nice 5 1/2 pound largemouth on the one-weight last summer. Didn't even break a sweat. Who said 1-weights are toys??? Ya just gotta know how to play those fish....lol

rw

Sorry RW, I've got to disagree with you. Your one-weight is a toy. When I think about how much fun you must have had catching that big bass, it is clearly a toy. It sounds like a darned fine toy, too!

Warm regards,
    Ed

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Thumbs up Hi RW

Hi RW

Good to hear from you again. I would say that you managed to trade Maine for some very classy home waters. Don't be such stranger in the future. Best wishes, 8T

+ Reply to Thread