... is this just wrong.

Please see the following link (Apologies to JC and LF, this website is another fishing site, although it is not dedicated to FF as FAOL is and I am NOT recommending it, only pointing to a specific article there):
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewrive...estraider.html

Perhaps its me, I am applying hunting mammals and bird logic to fishing, but why would you want to harrass female fish (although this bait targets bass, I am sure other fish get their nests raided by salamanders, too) who are getting ready to lay eggs that will hopefully begin a new generation of fish to hunt? Even if you practice catch and release with this lure, and I am not sure that any harm is done to the eggs if the female has not laid them and gets stressed out by being caught and released. However, why take the chance by deliberately targeting females during the mating season?

Now, I am not knocking people for catching females during the mating season, afterall when you throw your lure in the water you can't control which fish will actually take it and you can't tell if its a female (unless you saw the fish that took it) as you play it. However, this lure is meant to deliberately target female bass and that's how the review article was written.

I think that's wrong, but, like I already said, maybe its me that's wrong.

Paul