+ Reply to Thread

Thread: found pack on east river near crested butte, co

Default found pack on east river near crested butte, co

while fishing the east river near crested butte, co, this past friday, i stumbled across a pack with some fishing gear inside. please email me at cparton@tec-engrs.com with some identifying information, and i will return it to its rightful owner.

chris

parton

You sure you didn't find 2 rather large packs?

e

Your awesome Ppl parton,Hope the owner sees this post and treats you well!..
    I certianly would be greatful.....

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

nope i just found 1 pack. i almost ran over it as i was pulling up to the spot where i planned to fish.

it's only right to try to return it to its rightful owner. simple honesty, and what comes around goes around, if you know what i mean. i would hope that someone would do the same thing for me if i left my fishpond pack on the side of the river someday. no telling what its value is......

The world could use more people like you Chris. There are too many others out and about who would have went thru that pack and took whatever was useful to them and tossed the rest. I sure hope the owner of it sees your post. I left a net behind one time when steelhead fishing and figured I would never see it again. The next evening I was up fishing in the same area and when I walked down to the river bank I found a note on a tree that said " Found your net, please call and identify and it's yours again " Well I called and sure enough it was mine and the guy who found it only lived fifteen miles away. He told me that the men fishing with him told him to just keep it, but he told them that if he had lost it he would hope someone would try and find him. I rewarded him with some jerky and summer sausage that I had made from an elk that I had taken that year and we both came away happy.

If it is not to far you may want to go back to that area and leave a note with your phone number and if anyone calls ask them to identify it for you. It would be great if the owner contacted you.

Rocky

Hey Parton,

It has been said that:

"We're only who we truly are when no one is watching."

You are truly an honest man. The world needs more like you.

This is why everyone should add name and address to every thing you own--I think I haven't marked the rods but fly boxes vest etc. all have those handy retutn address stickers.

------------------

Bill

Sorry parton. I was joking in my typical juvenile fashion - a play on your handle.

I concur with the rest. Karma is on your side for the time being. Keep it up and you'll keep it there.

e

Crested Butte, Back in 1973 I stayed at the Rocky Mountain Biological Lab up the mountain from Crested Butte for 3 weeks. HOW Beautiful!! Back then Crested Butte had dirt streets and wood plank sidewalks. We fished the stream that was fed from the
    "Old Maid" snow field. The fishing was great.I'll never forget those three weeks. Kahuna

[This message has been edited by Kahuna (edited 17 August 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread