+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Florida Gulf Coast Fly Fishing?

Hybrid View

A lot of my clients stay at the Venice Holiday Inn (941-485-5411) so they get a huge discount. Tell them you get the Tight Loops Fly Fishing discount.

Depending upon when you'd be here, it will cost $50 to $90 for a very nice room at a very nice facility that's close to beaches, shopping, and is surrounded by every type of restaurant you could want.

Tight Loops,
    Capt. Tony

2. Default

Go online to www.mangrovecoastflyfishers.com a big fly fishing club in the Sarasota, Bradenton area members can help you with all your questions.Contact Bob Parker, or Tony Saviano they will be very happy to help you. Good luck and have a great trip.

I'd second the Venice area. I went down there last year, going again this year, for the fish-in and had a fantastic time, caught a bunch of fish and really didn't know what I was doing.

Kevin and Captain Tony at Casey Key Anglers and Oufitters will take great care of you on the fishing side of it.

I was pretty impressed with how much there was to do in that area, so check it out.

Oh, yeah, it's known as snook alley, so if that gives you any idea of what the fishing might be like...

Till then, tight lines,
    TT

I want to thank everyone for your responses! I have got some researching to do for the next month but at least I have some great starting points.

Thanks Again!

I just got back from the Gulf, had red flags (high seas/winds) the whole time we were there... No fishing... had to spend all my time with the girls playing on the beach; and exploring the go cart tracks mini golf courses, and seafood eateries Even if you head to the coast 'just to fish', try to pick an area with a fun back up plan, I've had two trips go bust in the last four years on the gulf because of weather/wind.
    ... But a lifelong journey.

I choose fly rods the same way I do women, motorcycles, and cowboy boots...
    go with what ever feels good, and keep on hand as many as I can afford

Great advice GRN! I have a 13 and 9 year old and beleive me boredom can set in quick with those ages. Like you said go cart tracks are always a great way to entertain the kids. The eateries entertain me!

+ Reply to Thread