+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current project

Default Current project

I bought a Forecast 9 ft. 4 pc. 7 wt. rod blank abobut a year ago for cheap. Last weekend at the Detroit show I picked up a reel seat, handle, etc etc. to finnish this rod. I've been tinkering with it this week after work in the afternoon. Chose the blue woven graphite reel seat and titanium single foot guides and all titanium hardware. My buddy fishbum turned a nice aluminum plug to convert the fighting butt to detachable. I'm missing the sliding band portion of the reel seat, which is on fishbum's shop floor under a tool box or in a corner somewhere not to be seen for a decade. Alsohad to get a smaller tip top and one more #4 guide.

Is that work stand home-built or purchased? I'll definitely be building a rod this year and that looks like a useful tool.

With fishbum for a friend, you're in good shape. Looking forward to the finished product. I have about 5 or 6 blanks downstairs and have not be able to get to them this winter.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Yes joe r. That stand is homebuilt. Designed by me. Not shown is the seperate v stand and the rotisserie motor rod turner also free standing. Whole thing cost less than $30 and took maybe 1 1/2 hours labor in the shop to build.

Joe v. I just kept putting off getting the hardware fr this rod so I wouldn't have to build it. Now I'm getting excited about it. I have a 6 wt sink tip line that's a 30 ft. tip vs. the 15' standard. I think this 7 wt rod will handle that line beautifully on the Muskegon when our club goes up the end of June. Should be a rocket of a rod for that. I guess we'll see soon enough.

+ Reply to Thread