Thread: 14ft SAWFISH ON FLY

Threaded View

Default 14ft SAWFISH ON FLY

thats right papi!!!! I am still in shock myself...was out looking for permit/bones in one of my usual spots and they were everywhere...as I was surveying the situation to decide which bone I would take when I noticed a torpedo coming right at me from 100yds...I thought that this was the permit I have waited for but from the size of the wake it was getting bigger every second...I cast with all I had to intercept this wake but it seemed to not care about the cast and was coming on a collision course with me....I dropped the rod and grabbed the camera as impact seemed inevitable..it veered at the last moment and I about fell out of the canoe literally...it was a SAWFISH and it was at least the size of my canoe{14ft}...I was freakin out when my rod yanked real hard....OMG...I have hooked it!!!!! the ride was on but therre was no way I could "land" this fish as it was hundreds of lbs....I pretended that it wasnt hooked and slowly followed it and cranked up my line as I gave chase....finally I got right on its back and seen my fly stuck on the saw itself...I handlined it right beside the canoe and was able to actually retrieve it without incident....this made him explode....I took as many pictures as I could but everything happened so fast and I didnt know what would happen next....many shots are no good because of sunlight and focus...several are identifiable...best to look at with sunglasses to block out the glare but I believe you will see it for yourself...I am still freakin out and this is truly the biggest fish I have ever caught...this is a story that NOBODY will believe BUT I HAVE PICTURES

Last edited by bonefishwhisperer; 03-15-2008 at 09:11 PM.