+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Divine Intervention?

1. plonker

dope, idiot, moron, wally, pillock, dunderhead, dimwit

You are such a plonker, Rodney.

2. plonker

the term plonker started out as a reference to someone who was forever drunk on cheap wine (cheap wine is nicknamed plonk) this person was usualy a homeless person, or poor person.

today the term plonker is a very light hearted insult. Its not even seen as an insult, its like calling someone a wally. Its in no way ment maliciously. you call someone a plonker when they say or do something stupid.

bob - why didnt my food cook ?
    john - you never turned on the oven, you plonker.

3. plonker

a willy! or a dopey person

There ya go! You learn something new every day!!
    Looks to me to be someone who didn't have a ring to start with, and needed an excuse. I'd also say they deserve each other!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

HRH Betty;
    And you wonder, "WHY", I so happily elevated you to the "Her Royal Majesty-Betty" status? It's VERY, impressive, that you not only had time to go fishing, bake bread AND still had the time to research the history and background of "Plonker"!! BUT! You also beat DSHOCK to the punch, with your search for the word's true meaning, which is no easy task!!
    If I wasn't already here in Seaside, I'd surely be in Awe, over your more than capable talents!
    However, now that you've brought to light, the fact that "Plonker" is only a "MILD & LIGHT HEARTED" insult I'm going to have to retract it from my list of descriptions concerning The Terror Tuber and certain, other, bread bakers I'm now associated with. I had hopes for the word, when it still meant........." someone who was forever drunk on cheap wine", as it "fit" so well!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

+ Reply to Thread