+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Divine Intervention?

Hybrid View

Question Divine Intervention?

Quote;Honey, will you marry... Oh. Never mind...
    Fri Mar 14, 10:48 AM ET
    LONDON (Reuters) - It is the one moment every man wants to get right -- and which London floor-fitter Lefkos Hajji could hardly have got more wrong.

The luckless 28 year-old's dreams of giving his sweetheart, Leanne, 26, the ultimate proposal have literally vanished into thin air.

Hajji, of Hackney, east London, had concealed a $12,000 engagement ring inside a helium balloon. The idea was that she would pop the balloon as he popped the question.

But as he left the shop, a gust of wind pulled the balloon from his hand and he watched the ring -- and quite possibly the affections of his girlfriend -- sailing away over the rooftops.

"I couldn't believe it," he told The Sun newspaper.

"I just watched as it went further and further into the air.

"I felt like such a plonker. It cost a fortune and I knew my girlfriend would kill me."

Hajji spent two hours in his car trying to chase and find the balloon, without success.

"I thought I would give Leanne a pin so I could literally pop the question," he said.

"But I had to tell her the story -- she went absolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring."

He is hoping the ring will still turn up.

"It would be amazing if someone found it," he added." End Quote.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DShock View Post
    Quote;Honey, will you marry... Oh. Never mind...
    Fri Mar 14, 10:48 AM ET
    LONDON (Reuters) - It is the one moment every man wants to get right -- and which London floor-fitter Lefkos Hajji could hardly have got more wrong.

The luckless 28 year-old's dreams of giving his sweetheart, Leanne, 26, the ultimate proposal have literally vanished into thin air.

Hajji, of Hackney, east London, had concealed a $12,000 engagement ring inside a helium balloon. The idea was that she would pop the balloon as he popped the question.

But as he left the shop, a gust of wind pulled the balloon from his hand and he watched the ring -- and quite possibly the affections of his girlfriend -- sailing away over the rooftops.

"I couldn't believe it," he told The Sun newspaper.

"I just watched as it went further and further into the air.

"I felt like such a plonker. It cost a fortune and I knew my girlfriend would kill me."

Hajji spent two hours in his car trying to chase and find the balloon, without success.

"I thought I would give Leanne a pin so I could literally pop the question," he said.

"But I had to tell her the story -- she went absolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring."

He is hoping the ring will still turn up.

"It would be amazing if someone found it," he added." End Quote.
    Doug
    The punishment was not severe enough. The pin should be used to pop that air head of his.

Talking Maybe Natural Selection

He shouldn't be allowed to reproduce anyway. (HeeHee.)
    Arnie

Blog Entries

He got out of a marriage a whole lot cheaper than I did. $12,000 is peanuts.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Doug, it would only "figure" that YOU and I would both read this exact, same, article today in the news!! (It's also sorta scary, in a way, what amuses each of us?).
    Yeah, gotta agree................. "If he got out of ANY marriage, for only 12 Gs, he's way ahead of the game!! I'd have to add it up, of course, but................... "23 fly rods, mostly Boos, Sages, Winstons and T & Ts, the same, number of Abel, Billy Pate, Galvin, Ross and others.............. fly reels all with lines and at the time, about 21 year's accumulation of tying supplies, vises, etc............... yeppers, I'd have sure settled for only $12,000.00!
    Actually, (but he's probably too stupid to realize it, sounds like), he could also get out of marrying the wrong woman to begin with. If his choice of a mate, is one that's "totally ticked off and angry at him, ONLY because he lost her "Ego boosting-self inflating status symbol-gotta have one, better than Buffy's-engagement ring", then I don't think, "SHALLOW" begins to describe this woman!
    HOPEFULLY, he'll cut his losses at the ring and go fishing instead of trying to make it up, to the golddigger!??!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

nighthawk Guest

Oh great, a gold-digger and an airhead. Talk about a winning team.

+ Reply to Thread