Thought I'd take a little time out and introduce my self, I found this website while searching for new and different fly patterns and after a few days of lurking or reading as I like to refer to, I decided to join and hopefully gain more insight to the sport and possibly post some of my own trials and tribulations. I have fly fished for several years beginning back in the mid 80's on the Cowlitz River in South Eastern Washington State for steelhead. It became painfully evident when using terminal tackle the the fly fishers were catching alot more fish, so the transformation began during that time period.
I've built several graphite rods and two bamboo, mainly for the lower cost but mostly for the satisfaction of doing something myself rather than writing a check. I've tied most of my fly patterns and probably spent way more money on materials than one could just buy the flies outright, but as we all know it's an addiction, albeit a good one. I golf a little in the summer months but by no means am I a good golfer I just really enjoy the game, so much that my wife bought a golf cart. It's something that we do together and with 2 kids in college and 2 still home it is far a few between when we can get away. Well thanks for taking the time to read this and tight lines.