Eponymous, RW again,

Never let it be said that when I get in a conversation with a Sox fan it becomes a mutual admiration society, "but"....you're about right. The Yanks have used 22 pitchers this year already and I hear Joe has an open line to triple-A Columbus. But if Wright comes back strong, and Mussina and Randy do their thing I wouldn't count em out. If only one other hitter goes on a two week tear behind Arod, Jeter, Matsui and Sheffield it's gonna be lights out. Only 2 games off the pace in the wild card and 3 1/2 behind the Sox.

Don't worry. If the Sox win out, I'll root for em. They are in the eastern division of the American League...my division, and always has been. I was glad to see em get the monkey off their back. Now I can go back to beatin up on em again without feeling sorry for the fans. They may be the enemy, but their "my" enemy. I'll root for any American League East team that beats the Yanks against any team in the rest of the major leagues, and in particular the dreaded National League. Well, not really that dreaded...the NL sucks.

What's the old saying? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." That's about how I feel about the Sox if the Yanks don't make it.

Later, RW

------------------
"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-