Hello everyone,

So since the season is so close (for me anyways), I've starting getting the bug to fish. So I built my 6'6" 2wt and finished it the other night. Learned a lot, more than I was hoping for, since I learned from mistakes hahaha. Since I have no faith whatsoever in this kit rod (Because of my learning experience) I need to build another. But, I have to build it outside of a kit, since I don't want to order from H&H, because I don't want to pay the shipping fee to Canada on a single kit. I'm placing an order with Cabelas for some new waders and a reel for this 2wt, so I want to order everything from there.

Which brings me to this post. What size guides I need and how many....I'll be getting a 6'6" 2wt blank, can I just use the chart that came with my kit for guide sizes and placement? Or do I need to know for that specific blank?? And if so, could I email Cabelas for that information so I can order what I need at the same time?

So, when I put this rod together, I messed up a few times........Wrong size guides in the wrong spots, lost a guide (didn't realize this until I measured up all the guide places 10 mins ago), I also took too long with the 5 min epoxy. So with that being said....is my rod going to break on me when I use it?

Much thanks, and good luck to all with this upcoming season
Shane