+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Lines solve an old problem (I hope)

The new ones I saw advertised in "Flyfish America" claim to have solved the problem and I hold my breath. In the meantime, I'll continue all the remedies...cleaning lines...tightening down as much as possible on the nail knot etc. These have not been real solutions with me, however, only temporary ones. I often wonder if the line tips are too heavy because the micro ballons are smashed when passing through the die at the tip in order to achieve a small line diameter. My best solution is to chop off the offending last foot and use a butt section 1 foot longer than before.

Ol' Bill

Nail knots and loop connections are heavy. There is a splice method using Zap-A-Gap many claim doesn't sink as readily.

I use nail knots and a product known as Water Shed on the last 3-4 feet of line. And I always clean the fly line when I get home.

I'm pretty sure the combination of Water Shed and cleaning will solve the sink-tip problem.

3. Default

i have a line with the core splice and it sinks on occasion. the problem i have is that it's been well-used and the perfection loop tip (about 6 inches) is curled beyond repair so it tends to curl into the water when it's laid out. i guess i'll eventually fix that.

------------------
    take him fishing

+ Reply to Thread