Thread: Tulip Fabric Paint

Threaded View

Default Tulip Fabric Paint

Hi all, A while back I started to use Tulip Fabric paint on many of my flies. I came up with a way to make a sheet out of the paint. I mainly
    use the clear glitter type, because it shows the color of the under body of a fly. This is my rendition of a Scud.

To make a sheet use a Dixie paper plate, and coat it with a thin coat of Vaseline. I mix my Fabric paint with water, about half. If you want a thicker sheet, just use less water. Tulip puts out many types of Fab. Paint, smooth, glitter, puffy etc. You can dry it under a light bulb if you like, but not to close or else you can burn it. I am lucky, because I happen to own a food dryer. Two and a half hrs. and it is ready to peel from the plate.

If you use the paint straight from the bottle, tap the bottom of the plate on your knuckle of your other hand, and the paint will spread out to the thickness you want.
    If you dilute the paint , tapping is not necessary, just roll it in a circle to the size and thickness you desire. I have made sheets tissue paper thin at times, just be careful when peeling it off. A sheet will shrink down to half its size, so experiment with it. The possibilities are endless. I hope this helps some of you.

Keep flyin and tyin.

Tony Angelino
    Last edited by Tony.A; 03-16-2008 at 09:16 PM.