Thread: Tulip Fabric Paint

Threaded View

Ok, Who ever is interested. I start out, using a flat surface that has a softness to it such as closed cell foam that is about 1/4 in thick. I use a rectangular piece about six inches x 3 inches. I then use masking tape over the foam reversed, and secure the ends to the bottom side of the closed cell foam. I then place my sequins in a line, cup side up. I then use a small diameter straw, like a straw used for stirring coffee, to push the sequin flat on the tape. The foam gives as you seat the sequin into it and the tape holds it firm. Then I use the head of a strait pin and fill the small hole in the sequin with tulip. Be sure to fill the hole only. Filling the hole stops the paint [next step] from leaking out of the hole. I use acrylic paint to make a pupal in the center with the head of the strait pin and let it dry a while. I then fill the sequin with 30 min. epoxy, enough to give it a dome effect, but not running over. I use a tooth pick to apply the epoxy.Let the eye's dry over night to harden, That's it. The eye's come out great. As soon as I can I will try to take a picture of some and put them in this thread.

Tony
    Last edited by Tony.A; 03-20-2008 at 04:40 AM.
    Keep Flyin & Tyin