Thread: Reel Recovery and Casting for Recovery

Threaded View

Default Reel Recovery and Casting for Recovery

The 2008 schedule of retreats for Reel Recovery and Casting for Recovery are on their web sites:

Reel Recovery -
    http://www.reelrecovery.org/r_schedule.htm

Casting for Recovery -
    http://www.castingforrecovery.org/retreats.html

Reel Recovery is for men who are currently battling cancer, or are in remission. Casting for Recovery is for women who have or have had breast cancer.

If you know someone who might benifit from either of these programs, let them know. The only cost for participants is their transportation costs; everything else is handled by donations from various organizations.

I posted an article on Reel Recovery in Readers Casts back on August 13th so you might want to check it out. There appears to be a problem with the archive so if you click on the link to the Reel Recovery article you won't see it. Instead, click on the link to the Tranquilness article and it will take you to the Reel Recovery article (I've notified the webmaster so it should be fixed soon).

This year our local fly fishing organization, High Sierra Fly Casters, is going to start a new organization tentatively called Reel Kids, for children who have or have had cancer. I'll keep you all informed on how that goes. We also support both Reel Recovery and Casting for Recovery.
    Last edited by Grizzly Wulff; 03-10-2008 at 07:50 PM. Reason: left something out
    Dan S
    "I still don't know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel." Roderick Haig-Brown, A River Never Sleeps