".....I returned it the next day. I didn't like the bobbin, or having to reach for the bobbin on the holder. Winding thread on the bobbin slows down the tying prosses......I saw a Danvise there for $75 that will do everything the Norvise dose, and I won't have to spend extra money to buy excessories. krauseb"

With all due respect, one evening of tying is far from a test drive. And, while the Danvise is a very nice entry level vise it will NOT do what the Nor Vise will do......not even close. Lastly, you don't have to buy the accessories to use the vise.

The amount of money a vise costs is not an indicator of the real value of the vise from the stand point of what it will do. The LAW vise may or may not be the most expensive vise on the market but I will just reference it in the context that my Nor Vise will spin circles around it for half the cost. Don't get me wrong, the LAW is a well made vise and I am happy that the owners really like their vises. This is a comment only between two ends of the cost spectrum.

Joseph, you made some remarks that have been addressed well by another poster but let me add one thing. You sound bitter and your remarks were small. I don't know why but that is how I read your post. If you sell a product and make public comments like that, it could be taken by potential customers as needless bashing of the competition. The Popiel comment while you might have thought it a witty throw away comment, reflects poorly on you. As for the dumping on ebay comment........yawn.

I can't recall any learning curve when I got my Nor Vise but I might not be typical. I believe the so called learning curve was/is related to the straight jaws. The new fine point jaws make this a regular vise that will spin. The only curve with the bobbins is learning NOT to cut the thread untill you have released enough thread that it will rewind with some slack thread. This is done simply by moving the bobbin out until you feel the clutch slip a bit. 1/10th of a second maybe to move the bobbin 14" or so.

I'm sure you are a fine tyer with fine tools and that you are happy with them. I wouldn't dream of trying to convince you or any other happy tyer to change to the Nor Vise. All I will say is that you can do what virtually any other vise can do faster and more precise with the Nor Vise.