Thread: Nor-Vise

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    This very knowledgeable fly tyer told me that everyone that owns a Nor-vise hates them and that they are junk and that they shouldn't even be considered. Then I see this post by people that use them. By the way, he sells Dyna-King - go figure.
    That would be me, Clay but I am being mis-quoted.

I have always admired Mr. Norlander for his showmanship; he is the Ron Popiel of fly tying and no one does a better job of merchandising these vises at fly show....truly amazing.

Still mystified at the attraction to these vises. Many comments appear here that these "take awhile to get used to my Nor" I never read "it took me awhile to get used to my HMH or my Renzetti, etc."

I rock out 600 dozen flies a year on my Dyna-King. Used to tie on a Renzetti (still use it at shows where I'm on camera) and they still make very, very good vises but I like the Dyna-King better.

If you want to buy a Nor Vise, look on Ebay...there's a lot of them there (or there were the last time I looked) they tend to show up after folks bought them at Fly Shows, took them home and couldn't "get used to them" and dumped them on Ebay.

Hmmmm, must be a reason.

Joseph
    Last edited by BLUEWINGOLIVE; 03-20-2008 at 10:13 PM. Reason: can't spell for shet