Thread: Put some teeth into you GW argument...

Threaded View

Default Put some teeth into you GW argument...

The GW thread is interesting, so please give the carbon calculator below a try and put some teeth in your GW concerns and opinions.

I personally like to "err on the side of caution" and do what I can to help and preserve Mother Nature and the environment, because I, for one, have not a clue if we humans are ruining the world or not. I feel we are making an impact, but how big? They say one volcanic eruption puts out more carbon than 60 million, trillion, ca-zillion vehicles do in 50 ca-zillion years, or something like that. And the volcanic eruptions have been happening since the earth was born. It's beyond my little brain for sure, but like one poster said in the GW thread, it's better to be safe than sorry.

The below web address is a Carbon Calculator. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to go through the inputs to determine your personal carbon "donation" to this world in pounds. For my household, my wife and I, we donate 31,381 lbs of carbon per year, with 41,500 lbs being the average for a household of two people.

Give it a shot, and be honest with your inputs. See if your carbon donations to this world match up with your concerns. Or in other words; if you're as worried about the world as you think or say you are, see if you're doing all you can to save it.

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/emi...alculator.html

Let me digress a sec. I don't personally believe much of what Al Gore is touting, and I personally don't care what size house he lives in, what he drives for vehicles, or flies around in for planes, but AL please don't tell all of us we're destroying the world by doing the same thing. Because if you can believe what you read, Al's carbon footprint is 100's of times bigger than the average US citizen. To me that is a being a "world class" hypocrite. But as long as Al can "make us" do what "we can" to save the world, he feels he doesn't have to.

If your in the market for a new vehicle the below site will tell you which ones are the best for the environment, or how much carbon emissions each produces.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/byclass.htm
    Last edited by rst; 03-09-2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Fixing the word doc quotes.
    Bob

~~~ Fly Fish the Cumberland, it will make you live longer.~~~