+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Put some teeth into you GW argument...

rst,
    I'm not sure if the 6 living here...or the low estimate I put in for our heating oil was what spiked things..This is an old farm house built in 1905...and it's pretty much original in the window and and complete and total lack of insulation department's....

If I could make a hefty lottery strike...I'd vacate this dump in a heartbeat!!...But as things are..I...We, are stuck...We barely scrape by with bill's in the summer month's...winter is a killer time for me..Think spring all!!!!
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Blog Entries

89,348 and there were no questions about boat fuel. A fill-up costs over a grand...
    art

I hit 8600... single... and I wear long johns... and I only counted the miles I put on my personal vehichle.

This is a bunch of B.S. Let's go fishing..
    God Bless America

Geezo Jcampbell - lighten up will ya! Back in the first part of March when there wasn't much, if any, fishing going on we had fun with this.
    Bob

~~~ Fly Fish the Cumberland, it will make you live longer.~~~

I've been reading some interesting news articles from the msn browser, relating to going green. Content distilled, they say: China is averaging constructing one new coal fired power plant per week. China, Russia and India are taking the attitude that the US has had the field for the last hundred years, and now it's their turn. We (US) could cut back to zero emissions, and not make much difference in worldwide emissions. Changing to flourescents, adding insulation, driving hybrids, and other attempts by Joe Individual will make no difference whatever. Producing Ethanol fuel is probably more polluting than refining fossil fuels, and has other serious detrimental effects. One scientist claims that emitting the equivalent of 350 ppzillion will cause global melting, and we're already at 385 and counting. Only a mass program by all polluting nations, on a scale of the Manhattan Project would take us in the right direction. Right. That's gonna happen. If humans are the cause of GW, then I'm afraid it's already too late to reverse the effects, by ourselves, and we'd better hang onto our shorts. I personally believe that most, if not all, of the warming is natural, and will swing the other way in a few dozen years. That was more than .02's worth, don't you think. You can owe me.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Lew - I tend to agree with you, I think the weather patterns will cycle in the other direction at some point in time. I fully believe that "man" has made his mark on this world, but just how much and in what regard is the 64,000 dollar question.

I guess some day we'll "all" know if we were right or we were wrong.
    Bob

You can read a bunch of SHORT and INTERESTING articles arguing against man-made GW here:

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/Feature....aspx?sid=1802

Cordially,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Geezo Jcampbell - lighten up will ya! Back in the first part of March when there wasn't much, if any, fishing going on we had fun with this.
    rst,
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be so brash in my post...poor attempt at humor.

Anyone who is really interesting in this topic should read Dr. Roy W. Spencer's book entitled "Climate Confusion". It's an easy read and puts this whole business in perspective. Man and his machines account for only 2% of total carbon emissions while animals emit over 20% of the total and there's no real evidence that any of this account for the change in weather cycles. So, I don't really care what my contribution is to that 2%. I try to be as green as I can by recycling, saving energy, releasing my catch and such, but mostly for economic and conservation reasons.

One thing for sure, I will not be purchasing any of Noble Prize winner Al Gore's carbon credits. Hope to see you on the Cumberland when the water goes down.
    God Bless America

John - No problem guy. I was kind of wondering if you had forgotten the after the BS. If I had received my "DASH" e-mail before I had answered back I wouldn't even had made the comment. I'm now on a mission to improve my "DASH."

And THANKS for the book recommendation. I love to read, and when someone says an "easy read" I'm all eyes, I?ll pick up the book for sure. I'm in the same boat with you, I'm not really too concerned over my carbon footprint, but I do try to be as "Green" as possible. But I'll tell ya, these fluorescent light bulbs take some getting used to.

As for the Cumberland, man is that fishery a wash-out for those that wade. So much rain all winter there has been no wading at all, none since last fall and that's a big bummer for sure.

See you at the MI Fish-in and have a safe trip.
    Bob

+ Reply to Thread