+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guideline polarized sunglasses

Hybrid View

Default Guideline polarized sunglasses

I have now reached the point that I need magnifiers for anything smaller than a size 14. I found the Guideline sunglasses that have bifocal magnifiers at the bottom of the lenses, if anyone is or has used them please let me know what you think about them. Here is a link to there web site in case you haven't heard of them before. Thanks http://www.glpolarized.com/Guideline/Bifocal

I know you asked if anybody used them but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents even though I don't.

I also can't see much of anything small anymore. I started using magnifiers that attach to the brim of my cap and fold down when I need them and fold out of the way when I don't. They work great for me. I prefer something like that rather than magnifiers that are always in place whether I need them or not.

While drying out, one day and nursing the bruised ego and left knee, my fishing buddy teased me, "Because he'd never seen me fall before". (I didn't know, where HE'S been?).
    Anyway, I fell, because I was wearing my "progressive lenses", (read;"Bifocals"), and when I GLANCED down at my feet, to move upstream, (I didn't actually, fully LOOK thru my upper lenses), down I went on a rock "out of focus".
    I've never worn them, while fishing, since that day. It was weird to have the changed vision, when looking down thru the different lens change.
    Now, I always weat my "FlipFocals" when magnifying something.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another vote for on the brim flip down magnifiers except I find the Hat Eyes 100% superior to Flip Focals.

Of course if you don't wear a hat with a brim...

If it's worth anything, I'm an eye doctor. I'd suggest you get your eyes checked and see if you need even small amounts of correction for astigmatism. That can make a big difference in how you see. PLUS those lenses are set at an "average" distance apart and your eyes may be further apart or narrower and that can induce "problems".
    Get them checked and simply ask the Dr. if you can use those glasses comfortably. Make it a point to ask him/her BEFORE the exam so they don't feel "backstabbed" (or 'used') by the question after the exam, if you know what I mean.

Most likely they are OK, but you are much better off making sure. Plus the fact of getting your eye HEALTH checked is worth the piece of mind.

Thats..............Dr. BigBadWulff to you!

Default Not guide lines but...

I have a pair of the polarized sunglasses with the magnifiers in them.
    They are great for tying small flies on, and really aren't in the way when fishing.
    Like the bifocals, you will have to learn to look a little farther down to see where you are stepping. I didn't have any problems getting used to them.
    One thing to note. Down here, we only have sand bottom streams to fish, so I haven't had to worry about watching for rocks.

Kirk

PS. I've since had to start wearing progressive lenses for everyday. I got a pair of the clip on, polarized sunglasses to fish with. I haven't used the others since. I only needed the others to tie on a fly, and I can do that with the precsription lenses.

kb

+ Reply to Thread