I've stopped using our bread machine for bread for many reasons, many of which have to do with Betty's problem. Not her problem specifically, mind you, but the whole "50 pounds" thing.

I do use it though to make pizza crust, and occasionally, rolls. I developed a base recipe which you can twiddle with if it suits you...I use the base for the crust as noted and for plain white rolls (close to your Wonderbread, LF) as well as garlic-cheese rolls (Number One Son's favorite), cinnamon rolls, whole wheat rolls and such.

As a disclaimer, I'll say that I'm an intuitive cook. I rarely follow a recipe, and instead see if something I'm doing looks or tastes right.

Here's the base recipe, or as close as I can come:

1 cup of plain yogurt warmed one minute in the microwave
1/2 stick butter (or best for baking margarine)
1 teaspoon, MOL, salt
1/4 cup sugar MOL
3 cups flour
1 handful yeast (I'm guessing about a tablespoon from the one-pound brick I buy at Costco)

Set your machine for first rise or the roll setting or whatever it takes. Pull the dough out when appropriate, cut into smallish balls, let rise to double or close to it, spray the tops of the rolls with PAM, and bake at 350 about 15 minutes or until tops brown. Twiddling with this recipe gives you sweet rolls, whole wheat rolls, rolls with cornmeal, etc. It's fun to play but can be hard on the waistline.