I did not know where to post this, so, if this is not the place, forgive me or remove it. I just read this tonight in our paper and it struck me as something very important to those that use PayPal or have their "plastic ID numbers" or bank accout numbers on the internet.

This was in a column in Dear Abby:

"Allow me to draw your readers' attention to the importance of keeping track of their online log-in information. We all know it's smart to keep photocopies of our driver's license, credit cards, etc. With as much time as some of us spend online, in additon to the billions of dollars we spend there as a nation, it's wise to keep track of sundry log-in details as well.

I keep track of the various Web sites from which I make purchases--the Web site name, user name and my password--because various sites require different information.

Please suggest that your readers compile this information in a single document and print it out from time to time. Keep a hard copy in a safe place with other important papers. That way, if anything should happen to them, family members will be able to access these Web sites, delete saved credit card information and close the accounts."

I had never given this much thought and I thought it was important to pass it on.