+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nwflytyersexpo at Albany OR

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Default nwflytyersexpo at Albany OR

The NW. Fly Tyers Expo is this weekend at Albany, Or. I'm headed up that way Friday.
    Any chance I'll run into any of Y'all there?............................ModocDan

www.nwflytyersexpo.com

I clicked on this because I read fly tyer SEXPO and it sounded like a show that I wanted to attend.

Rick

Blog Entries

Me 2.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Blog Entries

Clay, GnuBee.........Can you say "Incorrigeable"

Quote Originally Posted by modocdan View Post
    Clay, GnuBee.........Can you say "Incorrigeable"
    Sorry, but I tell my wife when I grow up I want to be a dirty old man. She looks at me and says, you are old.

I had better stay to fly fishing topics.

Look at it this way, this thread hadn't seen much action before my wayward comments and now it looks like a hot topic and maybe more people will see it and go to the SEXPO. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Rick

Blog Entries

Smile Albany

Dan,

I will be there, arriving Friday late morning with 3 buddies from the Alpine Fly Fishers Club.

I will keep an eye out for ya! I will be wearing a fly fishing shirt, I doubt if anyone else will.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

MoDocdan;
    Plan to attend. I understand the "REAL" members of FAOL won't be hard to spot, because they'll BE WEARING THEIR FAOL HATS THAT THEY BOUGHT FROM HRH BETTY"!!??!
    However, the "false" and "wannabe" members won't be.
    That all, just may be a rumor, hard tell'in.
    If I can make it, I'll probably be Ghillie'ing around Henry Hoffman's tying station, for most of the show.
    With the health and current family crisis, it's a crap shoot if I can make it. Sure, want to, though!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries

I never been to a fly tyin expo, so I don't know where I'll be. All over, I expect.
    My hat says Umpqua Feather Merchants on it. My fishin' hat is a regulation straw hillbilly hat. Hope to run into Y'all there............Dan

I will be there coming in late morning on friday and well be there on Saturday morning. I will have my FOAL pin on but I am hard to miss being well over 6 feet 5 inch and graying red hair waring a tilly hat.
    Ghost.

Blog Entries

Smile Albany

Four of us from the Alpine Fly Fishers Club in Puyallup, WA had a good time in Albany at the Oregon Council FFF Fly Tyers & Casting Expo.

I was wearing my FAOL hat all day long for both days, sorry, but I never saw another FAOL?er there. Guess it was just too busy.

We got down there on Friday at around 10:30 AM. I took two classes that day and the rest of the time I was hanging around the silent auction and the raffle tables (didn't win anything there on Friday and only won one silent auction item). The rest of the time was spent talking to tyers from all over, that is fun, and talking to donors that Carl Johnson, President of the WSCFFF came up with for some very nice donations to our WSCFFF May 3 Conclave.

On Saturday, there were a lot more people there. I also took two classes that day. All of the silent auction tables were full of good stuff. I bought a ton of packets containing a lot of fly tying materials. I am placing them in our WSCFFF Conclave on May 3 in Ellensburg.

In the raffle section, they had come up with a neat gimmick, they had hourly drawings (that caused people to buy more tickets and place them in the tub every hour). I won two times, the first time was a nice selection of fly tying materials and the next time a few tying materials but also a fly box with some great looking salmon flies.

I also won a bunch of stuff in the silent auction tables that day. Most of it will find its way to the silent auction tables on May 3.

We had an uneventful trip back home that evening; the weather was good and the traffic not too heavy.

It was a good trip. Next year the Oregon event will be held on March 13 & 14. If you live in the northwest, mark those days on your calendar, it is well worth attending.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

+ Reply to Thread