I mentioned a few weeks ago about a private portion of creek I fish. the location of this very special place is where my father grew up, his mother before him, and her parents before her and so on. The farm house faces north with the stream on the east side of the house, running north to south. To the left, or west side of the house is a little cemetery. It sits on a little hill overlooking the farm house and the stream. It is very special as well. this is all about 15 minutes from where I currently live.

today, I took my grandson, who is 14, to the creek to fish. I take him and his two sisters fishing but is is my grandson who is taking the fishing seriously. Just last year, he held a fly rod for the first time. He is somewhat of a natural born athlete and just loves the outdoors and everything to do with it.

We didn't take anything except our fly rods and two flies. It is preferable to fish this stream from the water as there are so many trees overhanging the water and so much tall grass and brush on the banks. Needless to say, I lost my fly after a dozen casts and was unable to retrieve it. I walked over to where my grandson was and was rather stunned. Now please understand, the only instruction in casting my grandson has had is from me, and I don't know how to at all. He was doing things with that fly rod and line I have never seen or heard of before. He was laying casts between trees, under overhangs, and around brush pile. I could only watch in amazement. The fact the wind was blowing fairly hard and complicating things made it only more beautiful to watch him. I am passing him the mantle of which I never had.

We didn't stay long as this was just to get out of the house. Before we left, we headed up on the hill to the little cemetery so that we could spend a little time with our family, my grandson with his mother ( my daughter), my father, his mother and several uncles and aunts as well as great great grandparents.

In the truck, on the way home, there wasn't a whole lot of conversation. I believe my grandson summed up what we were both thinking by saying the only thing said. " Gran dad, it was a perfect day".

I just wanted to share my day and how proud of my grandchildren I am. I sure love them.