Well...one evening, I had a dream.

I saw a light. And out of the light came Brad Pitt.

And Brad saideth unto me-eth:

"Larry...of the Bad Luck variety....thou wilt go out and fisheth unto the fisheth with an affordable rodeth and casteth fies.
" Just remember Larry...don't get behind the card game at Lola's: It will be a sad ending if you do."

The whole thing of flyfishing is a pretty incredible story for me (as it is for just about everyone here; a story to tell)and something I won't drag out ( Oh yeah...NO DRAG WHATSOEVER!). But the essential thing to say is that I was fortunate enough to have found a mentor, Jack Van Volkenburg who taught me to flyfish and tie. Took me to all sorts of places; opened his life and home. Unfortunately, we're not on speaking terms anymore which is very sad. But nevertheless, I'm indebted to him and his lovely wife Sue for everything they've done for me and my family,and always will.

If someone had come up to me when I was eighteen (didn't even THINK of fishing then) and said..."Larry; You'll be flyfishing for trout on the Ausable River in N.Y. when you're 32.".....I would have said "You must be kidding!"

Well, here I am. And to be honest, every time I'm on the water all I can think of is.."This must be a dream."
I hope I never wake up.

Be healthy everyone!
Drag free.

Layer-ee