+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about the rod kit

MikieFinn, Congradulations on deciding to build a rod. Very rewarding. A couple of suggestions if I may. It seems you want to build more than one rod so I would order some Threadmaster Lite rod finnish for your wraps. Very clear but most importantly for a newbie is extended working time. You should get very good results. Get some epoxy with a little longer working time than 5 minute. You don't want to be rushed and have things set up mis-aligned. Practice a few wraps with finish on an old rod or dowel and you should end up with a great rod. See the rodbuilding section on this site, that is what I used for my first build. Good luck and have fun!

Mike

Whoa. They are not joking about super fast setting. I have some expirience working with epoxy (boat building) and this stuff is the quickest I've ever seen. if you are prepped to do evertyhing it does gice you enough time though.. The trick is do it quick... I don't think I will ever actually buy this stuff unless it comes with something I really like.

Anyway I've glued up the handle/real seat and still have half of it left. Working on the wrpas now.

Finish is on the way. But that is a subject for another post.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Hope you glued the tip top in line with the reel seat,then taped the guides in place first. Add reel with line, string the line with weight to make sure every thing is in line and spaced evenly before wrapping. BILL

+ Reply to Thread