+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan Bailey's

Default Dan Bailey's

Hello gals and guys,

Have any of you had experience with Dan Bailey waders? I'm thinking about a nice light travel pair. They do have some nice looking thigh highs. Their prices seem to be decent, so for a decent inexpensive wader, how do you think they will fair? I bet I will use them only 5 times a season.

Thanks a million everyone.

hutjensmpg Guest

I don't have a pair myself, but one of the local shops carries them. Since my waders are getting old, I've talked to a couple of people that have used them and they all spoke highly of them. And the owner of the shop also wears them himself (I actually saw him in them on the stream - not just taking his word on it). So I think you'd do fine with a pair.

They are not a sponsor of ours, and we do have several sponsors who carry waders, but I know the guys who run the company that makes them for Dan Baileys and they are well thought of in the industry. And Dan Baileys has their own reputation at stake. I doubt that you will be disappointed.

I highly recommend them. I have the DB lightweights and loved them until they finally sprung several leaks in the feet after 2 seasons of VERY hard use...Plus, it looks like they have a great warranty (I haven't tried it only because I have a problem with using warranties on products that wear out because you actually use the product as intended--no wader is built to last forever under hard use).

~Randy
    "Some people fish their entire lives without realizing it's not the fish they're after."

Quote Originally Posted by clarkman23 View Post
    Plus, it looks like they have a great warranty (I haven't tried it only because I have a problem with using warranties on products that wear out because you actually use the product as intended--no wader is built to last forever under hard use).

~Randy
    Bravo!!! Great post Randy!

I know a guy who bought a pair of wading boots and he is rough, very rough, on his equipment. After 3 years of heavy use, some of the seams started separating. He called the company and raised all matters of cane until they sent him a new pair of boots. I was like, what the crap? Did he really think they would last forever or something??
    I guess that's why that boot company's boots went up in price last year!
    Mark 1:17

I have the barebones dan baileys and have had no problems with them.
    Janus

7. Default

I have a pair for 3 years with not one problem! I am pretty hard on waders, too. I recommend them (& their boots).
    Later,
    an Oregonian

What is the country of origin for these waders? They don't seem to indicate on their web site.

I have used Bailey lightweight hippers and waders for about 5 years (maybe 50 days a year) and have had no problem except where they have had an unscheduled interaction with barbed wire. I also had a pair or their boots that went bad after a season. I called to ask if I was to fault and they replaced them immediately without any pressure from me at all. My experiences with them have all been excellent.

David

i have a pair of the stockingfoot light weights and think they are a good wader. after about 4 maybe 5 years they started to leak around the booty. i calld them and they will do a free reapair for you, you sent them they send them back. i did that and they have not leaked the last 2 outings. a friend did the same thing with bootfoot waders. as said, not the best out there but not the most expensive either.

+ Reply to Thread