+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't say permit

Default Don't say permit

That would be cliche.

Name the fresh and saltwater fish you have not yet caught but would give up your first born to lay into.

For me it would be a California Golden Trout and a Permit. (My topic - I'm allowed to break the rule.) Second to a permit would be a Dorado I think - cool looking fish - tasty too.

I suspect some might say a sailfish or marlin but I'm not sure I have that much interest in fighting a fish for 6 hours - at least not at this point in my life. I do however reserve the right to change my mind tomorrow.

You can't be serious?

Allan

No fish is worth giving up either of my children. But, if I had to choose, it would have to be: Brookies in Canada and Bonefish.

------------------
    Land Em',
    Carp

Wow, great question. My answer would be, however, that the fish I have not yet caught , I haven't cared to catch and I've caught all the fish ( species at least) I EVER wanted to catch. Based on THAT experience, with the time HE has allotted me, I have decided to pursue trout in waters that move. I have a policy that if the waters don't move, I do. To offer a perspective, I have never been deep sea fishing but I have seen enough of it to conclude that, although it looks like fun,......... it's not for me.

Allan:

Some call it hyperbole.

(h-p?rb-l)
    n.
    A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

or in this case "give up your first born".

A 200 lb plus Tarpon and a 5 foot shark both on a fly that I tied and a furled leader that Robin tied for me. Not so sure I would like to do it on the same day.

Now Fresh water, I am still chasing a 21lb bass. That would be nice, and profitable also.

I think I would also like to catch anything on a 1 wt rod. I do not own a 1 wt rod, I would not know where to use it. But one day I would like to fish a stream someplace that a 1 wt would be required. Just to find out what you people are constantly talking about.

Although when I caught the world record pin fish on a 9 wt, (Smallest pin fish caught on a 9 wt.)I had a pretty good idea of what it would be like.

The Dude or Stev might remember that trip. hehehehehe

Harold

I swear. JC is a master wordsmith! Any time I read just one sentece of his I go into a day dream of what "could" happen.

I think steelhead would be my fish of choice. Any thing 10lbs plus.

------------------
    That being said.... Lets fish.

Mr.Hattway you ever make it out to Montana I will take you to a stream loaded with 6-10" rainbows,hand you my 1wt and you too will soon be a convert to the 1wt.club.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Saltwater: It would be a Parrot fish. Freshwater: Arctic Char

An Aurora trout -- but then, I wouldn't really want to catch one since the are endangered.
    [url=http://www.speciesatrisk.gc.ca/search/speciesDetails_e.cfm?SpeciesID=65:f7ed0]http://www.speciesatrisk.gc.ca/search/speciesDetails_e.cfm?SpeciesID=65[/url:f7ed0]

+ Reply to Thread