+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Medalist Fans - One Pfoot is BACK!

Hybrid View

Default Medalist Fans - One Pfoot is BACK!

For those of you familiar with One Pfoot products for Medailst reels there is GREAT news; Bill Franke is well again and One Pfoot products are being made again!

Bill was ill for awhile and production completely shut down ending production of the One Pfoot prouduct line which includes all types of goodies to make a great reel even better.

So if you have an old Medalist that could use an upgrade; now you can do it!

Welcome back Bill!

There's a huge back-order
    Try to get what you need through retailers before contacting Bill
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Bam,
    When I saw this post, I got excited! This stuff is a dream & it is QUALITY! I was gifted a vintage SouthBend 'boo & bought a mint USA made Medalist for it. At the same time, I ordered from One Pfoot as I knew the reel with the factory foot wouldn't fit on the reel seat. One Pfoot was the cure! They also sell other parts for Medalists & IMHO, One Pfoot is a MUST bookmark/favorite site for ANY Medalist owner.
    Thanks for the great news...I was heartsick when they ceased operations before.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I have two mint vintage 1950's vintage Medalist 1494's that I bought on eBay for about $30 each. One I kept original; the other I "One Pfooted" with everything except the replacement handle, sculpted pillars and round line guard.

I spoke to Bill yesterday and she may be goin' out TODAY for the final upgrades which in the case of the line guard has to be done by One Pfoot.

I can't wait till it's all done!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
    I have two mint vintage 1950's vintage Medalist 1494's that I bought on eBay for about $30 each. One I kept original; the other I "One Pfooted" with everything except the replacement handle, sculpted pillars and round line guard.

I spoke to Bill yesterday and she may be goin' out TODAY for the final upgrades which in the case of the line guard has to be done by One Pfoot.

I can't wait till it's all done!
    Hey Nick,

You won't ever regret finishing your 1494 with the upgrades from OnePfoot.

Here's a couple of pics of me and a friend fishing our fully "Tricked Out" OnePfoot Pflueger 1494's, this and the one owned by a good friend (Jude Duran-Infamous San Juan River Guide) are the very last two reels built by Bill before ceased operation after getting sick.

Me with a Wild Colorado River Cutthroat caught on my OnePfoot Pflueger and a 7 1/2' G. Carlson Presentation Bamboo rod.

A close-up pic of Jude's OnePfoot Pflueger 1494 and a nice Wild Colorado River Cutthroat caught at Hermosa Creek, Colorado.

Now this is the way to Christen a Brand New bamboo rod. A nice Brown caught at the San Juan River on an 8' 6wt. Bill Taylor Quadrate and the infamous OnePfoot Bling, Bling reel. Waaaaahhhooooo!

And the last and best photo of the bunch, a pic of Jude Duran showing me up with a very nice San Juan River Rainbow. This was Jude's first time fishing Bamboo, well you can see by the expression on this chizzled guides face, that "It's All Good!"

The reels are so fine after they've been worked over by Bill, and talk about a smooth reel that's simply an absolute pleasure to fish. Hey everyone needs a reel with a little Bling, Bling! I know this after fishing mine on large Western rivers and really small Spring Creeks, they're Sweeeeeeet!

I'm so glad Bill's feeling better and has returned to business, he was sorely missed by so many Pfluegerite's, me included!

Kindest regards,

Terry

Terry:

I shipped it out today!

Thanks for the pics!

+ Reply to Thread