+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly ID?!?! -- Help

Question Fly ID?!?! -- Help

Okay, I saw this fly somewhere out on the wide world of the web, but for the life of me I cannot remember where! I tied a couple up just for kicks and I could not get them all the way back on a retrieve without them getting slammed. (Not that I always got the hook set, but. . . . .)

Anyway, has anyone else seen this? Is it one of yours and I just forgot it was here? Help.

Don Rolfson

That looks like a bonefish gotcha tied with a peacock wing.

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Yep! It's a Gotcha.

Guess I need to clarify. I am wondering if any of you have seen it on another site. I found it. along with recipe on another site a week or three ago, but I cannot remember where. I tied this from memory, and wanted to go back and compare.

The one I saw may not have had the beadchain, I put that there to try and get it deeper more quickly, but I still could not get it down past the Gill to where the Bass and Crappie were hanging out.
    Don Rolfson

Quote Originally Posted by drolfson View Post
    Guess I need to clarify. I am wondering if any of you have seen it on another site. I found it. along with recipe on another site a week or three ago, but I cannot remember where. I tied this from memory, and wanted to go back and compare.

The one I saw may not have had the beadchain, I put that there to try and get it deeper more quickly, but I still could not get it down past the Gill to where the Bass and Crappie were hanging out.
    Get some lead eyes to send it flying to the bottom quickly. Also, it's not surprising the success this fly has. Peacock is, IMO, the best fish attracting material available to the fly tier.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Default Url

drolfson. am sending you a PM.
    Floyd

bonefish or not that looks like a killer pattern in any waters! might have to tie a few up myself. oh where oh where are my bead chain eyes. oh where can they be! I need to buy more mine are MIA. haha
    God Put Fly Fishing Here For You And Me! Take Advantage Man! Take Advantage!
    AKA GeorgeMcFly

My bead chain eyes are hanging from my ceiling fan.

ya I already took too many from there lol. plus they seemed tarnished and not all shiny like my good bead chains were oh well off to the hardware store
    God Put Fly Fishing Here For You And Me! Take Advantage Man! Take Advantage!
    AKA GeorgeMcFly

Guys,

A quick 'hi-jack'.

They sell bead chain in several sizes and colors by the foot at Ace Hardware.

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

+ Reply to Thread